Must Read! DoctorYourSelf and Dr Klenner’s protocol

Must Read! DoctorYourSelf and Dr Klenner’s protocol

Postby youchy0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:29 am

I have done some research and was wondering if any of you (especially Pro Jelinek) has any insight on this:

I read this on DoctorYourSelf.com site:
"So when I tell you that Frederick Robert Klenner, MD was curing multiple sclerosis back in the 1950's and '60's, you would not easily believe me. And who in their right mind would? A MS patient in a wheelchair, perhaps. Like the one who was wheeled into my office one day by his private RN.

I shared the details of Dr. Klenner's protocol with them. They went home and did it. It worked. In little over two weeks, the man was out of his wheelchair, walking with a walker or cane. It was beautiful to see.

What did they do? Read the Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C and you will find out precisely what they did. Why did it work? Because Dr. Klenner's experience in treating MS taught him to understand it as a vitamin deficiency disease."
Source: http://www.doctoryourself.com/calcdef.html

This is Dr. Klenner's Clinical Guide to the Use of Vitamin C:
http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/ ... e_1988.htm

The bottom line of the guide is:
"His treatment suggestion for M.S. at this time (1980) consisted of:

Thiamin HCl (Vitamin B1) one gram (1000 mg) taken thirty minutes before meals and at bedtime.
Nicotinic Acid (Niacin; Vitamin B3) 50 mg to 300 mg, depending on flushing of skin, thirty minutes before meals and bed time.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 250 mg after meals and bed time.
Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 100 mg after meals and bed time.
Calcium pantothenate (pantothenate acid/Vitamin B5) one gram after meals and bed time.
Lecithin. 1200 mg (19 grains) one capsule after meals and at bed time with two percent milk.
Vitamin A (palmitate) one 50,000 unit capsule after breakfast and supper.
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 400 I. units. Four capsules at bedtime.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3 amide) 500 mg. tablets. One after meals.
Magnesium oxide 300 mg tablet. One tablet after meals and before bed time.
Trinsicon or Feosol. One capsule twice daily or sufficient to maintain a hemoglobin of at least thirteen grams.
Folic acid. Two milligrams after each meal. Only recommended when the hemoglobin will not respond to iron treatment.
Sunflower seed oil capsules. One capsule after meals and bed time.
Lipotriad. Three capsules yields 700 mg of choline. Two capsules after each meal. It is used as a methylating agent.
Calcium gluconate, 10 grain tablets. Twelve tablets daily. May be omitted if patient can drink a quart of milk a day.
Linseed oil capsules. One capsule after meals and at bedtime. Contains linolenic, oleic and linoleic acids.
Muscle relaxants. Prescribed according to patient needs.
Calcium Orotate (Vitamin B13) 500 mg tablet. One after meals and at bed time.
Calcium pangamate, 50 mg tablet. One tablet twice daily.
Protein supplement containing eighteen amino acids. One ounce in a glass of milk four times a day. Some of the above can be taken with this drink.

[This list was originally numbered 1) to 22), with 11) and 12) missing –ed.]

Intramuscular injection, given five to seven days each week.:

2 cc crude liver daily. (Hard to get now. I can’t find it.)
2cc Thiamin HCl, (B1), 400 mg daily.
1.5-2cc Pyridoxine, (B6), 150 mg daily. Add to B12.
1.5-2cc Cyariocobalamin, (B12), 1500 mcg daily. Add to B6.
1.5-2cc Riboflavin, (B2), 75 mg daily. Add to B3 amide.
1.5-2cc Niacinamide, (B3), 150 mg daily. Add to B2.

AND

He cited some cases:

1. Female developed weakness in extremities in 1961 (refer to page 48). She was sent home to deteriorate. Dr. Klenner began his program, and she is now cured and has been leading an active life for over 21 years. “The central nervous system can be regenerated, but it does require time. Ten years was given to the restitution of her entire nervous pathways.” She is “full of vim, vigor, and vitality.”
2. Another woman had complete paralysis of both legs and left arm. She required a steel brace from hips to neck. After two years of this she was taken to Dr. Klenner and started on the above therapy. In sixteen months she could move her right leg and left arm. In three years she began to move her left foot and button her blouse. In nine years she could stand unaided. A modem day miracle, “Enzyme, co-enzyme, and metabolite theory is the correct approach to the rehabilitation of the central system.”
3. In 1918 a male was diagnosed as M.S. because of blurred vision, numbness, and low back pain. In four months Dr. Klenner began his program and in six months the man was back driving the fire truck. He continued to improve and cut firewood during off hours. Early M.S. cases will respond quickly.
4. Another female with dizziness, poor vision, lateral, and rotatory nystagmus (dancing eyeballs). The nausea was so profound; she could not swallow the oral vitamins. But after one year of the vitamin injections she could do the oral route. From not being able to read a billboard, she can now read large type books. The nystagmus is gone, but she needs a cane to ambulate.

>>End of quote

What do you think?

Cheers
Y
youchy0

Re: Must Read! DoctorYourSelf and Dr Klenner’s protocol

Postby Alex » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:42 am

There are so many protocols for MS and anecdotal stories are still anecdotal. We're here because we've decided based on our own understanding of the evidence presented that we're going with theOMS programme.

I have looked at a few MS diets and they all seem to be healthy and if properly followed, even allowing yoghurt and meat, fall within Swank's study - but I wonder if they really follow them correctly. So I don't begrudge anyone who derives benefit from another MS diet which still ends up low in Saturated fat and high in plants.

But MS as a vitamin defficiency (other than D) is something that I think needs to be proven and as well, we take few supplements if any.
Alex

Diagnosis: Jan 2010, OMS April 2010.
Alex

Postby Susan Doumbos » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:51 pm

I think vitamin deficiencies may well be a part of the causation of MS, and that the OMS program is likely to correct vitamin deficiencies by eliminating meat and dairy and thereby leading one to eat more vitamin-rich plant foods.

Terry Wahls, in her "Minding Your Mitochondria" video, impressed upon me the importance of eating lots of different plants to get sufficient micronutrients to nourish the nervous system. Her approach is like the Paleo Diet, I think.

I follow OMS to the letter, but am mindful of eating lots of raw vegetables as part of my program. I think there's a powerhouse in raw veg of multiple different types and colours.
Cheers,

Sue

OMG December 2011 OMS January 2012 OMS Retreat March 2012
Two Very Mild Relapses since diagnosis. Copaxone May 2013 No new lesions on MRI since diagnosis
Susan Doumbos

Postby youchy0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Yes, I totally agree, but he talks about high doses and about a man getting up of a wheel chair after 2 weeks...? it looks like a great short cut and I wonder why I don't see anyone in that direction.

Here is another more recent update on Klenner's work:

http://www.mwt.net/~drbrewer/Klenner_Update.htm

Do you think that his work is anecdotal like?
youchy0

Return to Miscellaneous